Available in 15 Kilo bags, as Organic seed, or as Conventional seed.
Sow at 4-5 Kilos per Acre.
This versatile mixture has been designed specifically as a cover crop. It can be used to under-sow spring cereals, after harvest of winter cereals, or after harvesting vegetables in horticulture.
PREMIUM has the following benefits:
- Enables sustainability of spring-sown cereal cropping
- Increased weed control in cereal crops
- Improves soil structure & texture
- Reduces soil erosion and nutrient loss over winter
- Improved wildlife cover over winter
- Maximum yield of clover residual nitrogen for the next crop
- Provides clean (worm-free) grazing after harvest of the under-sown cereal in autumn, winter and early spring
- Can be utilised as a one-year cropping break in rotations
PREMIUM as a Winter Cover Crop (SW6)
PREMIUM can be used as a winter cover crop, sown after winter-sown cereals have been harvested. On cultivated land vulnerable to nitrate leaching or on land draining directly into a watercourse, it will provide a dense cover that protects the soil from erosion and runoff. It is, therefore, suitable for Environmental Scheme SW6